Is there a difference between “TO LIKE a PERSON” and “TO LOVE A PERSON”. Me and my friend were having tea during the break at the tea stall outside our office & were discussing, rather debating on this. I told her there is no difference. If you care for someone and like to be around them whether s/he is your friend or a part of your family, then you like or love a person. She immediately nodded her head and with a smile on her face started explaining:
- Wow, she looks beautiful!
- Her hairstyle is just awesome.
- She is dressed so nicely
- Her blue eyes are so attractive, etc.. etc..
When you think or talk about a girl with any such above statements, means you LIKE her and not LOVE her. You are explaining the characteristics what you like about her. But do you LOVE her? Think again..!!!
Love can never be explained or measured. It can be only expressed. Love is a feeling that connects two persons emotionally, physically & mentally.
- When you cannot live a minute w/o thinking about someone
- When, with that person, you forget all your worries
- When you are happy to change yourself for that special person, but (s)he does not want you to do that
- When you wake up in the morning and want to see the first text message from that someone
- When (s)he get hurts emotionally or physically, you are the first to get your eyes wet
- When you come to the coffee shop 1hr before the scheduled time and find (s)he has already arrived.
- When every song & its lyrics, you are listening to, relates to that one person
This is what you call LOVE. Understood my dear friend, she said smiling and stood up to leave while I started relating to what she just said, which was so true..!!!
Have a great Weekend ahead..!!!
Spread the Love..!!!